Resumption of Services
We have good news…we are open!!!
On May 26, the Ontario Ministry of Health announced that it has amended Directive #2 to allow for “all deferred and non-essential and elective services carried out by Health Care Providers” to be gradually restarted, subject to a number of requirements contained in the amended Directive.
In other words, Ontario Chiropractors can, under certain conditions, start the process of getting back to work. The amended directive also makes clear that all health care professionals must follow the restart guidance provided by their health regulatory college.
To begin with only the following services will be available at our clinic:
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Custom Orthotics
We have now been open since June 13th and feel extremely comfortable with our health and safety procedures. Feel free to read some of our most recent google reviews about our COVID procedures!
In person appointments will occur under the following restrictions:
- All patients must bring their own face mask from home
- Face masks must be worn for the entire duration of your appointment
- All personal items such as purses and cell phones must not be brought into the clinic
- There can only be one patient in the clinic at a time
- The front door will remain locked at all times and there will be an intercom placed outside. Wait outside until someone lets you in
- Family members or friends that accompany you, that don’t have an appointment, will be asked to wait outside
- We are required to register all names and contact information of anyone entering the clinic for contact tracing purposes
- We are moving to contactless payments and as a result we have removed our debit terminal from the clinic
- All credit card payments will now be online through Jane Payments.
- You can also pay us via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not be accepting cash payments at the moment (credit card or e-transfer only)
- All patients will be required to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to every appointment
- If you answer “yes” to any question, you will be asked to:
- Reschedule your appointment to be after at least 14 days
- Complete the Ontario Government’s self-assessment
- Contact an appropriate authority such as your family physician, local medical officer of health or Telehealth Ontario
Follow the procedures outlined below before, during, and after every appointment:
- Prior to coming, please complete the COVID-19 questionnaire. This will be required to be done prior to every appointment
- Bring a face mask from home
- When you arrive use the intercom to let us know that you have arrived. We will let you in once the previous patient has left and the equipment has been disinfected
- As soon as you enter, disinfect your hands with our hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching any door handles or other surfaces
- Do not use the washrooms unless it is an emergency
- After your treatment, disinfect your hands again with our hand sanitizer prior to exiting the clinic
- Payments will be online via Jane Payments (Visa, MC, Amex) or e-transfer to email@example.com